Experience the ‘spirit of the outback’ at Earth Sanctuary’s award winning dinner & show. This program is currently operating for group bookings ( minimum 15 ) or events only. From spectacular sunset over the Eastern MacDonnell Ranges to an awe inspiring canopy of stars your hosts will captivate you with stories ranging from local ecology, culture and astronomy.
Earth Sanctuary’s famous dinner & show is family owned and operated offering a delicious, home cooked gourmet BBQ dinner in an exclusive location. Earth Sanctuary’s reputation is earned by having some of the best quality guides in the Territory, you’ll be entertained and amazed by their knowledge and hospitality.
- Courtesy Bus Transfers to/from Alice Springs
- 3 course gourmet BBQ dinner
- complimentary champagne on arrival
- Insights & presentations on ecology, culture & astronomy
Special dietary options available upon request
Experience the Outback with a Dinner in Alice Springs
You can experience the ‘Spirit of the Outback’ with our gourmet dinner in Alice Springs and a captivating show. Our unique night-time show will leave you captivated, from the stunning sunset over the Eastern MacDonnell Ranges to the sparkling astronomy display in the darkened sky. You will enjoy some fine dining on bush tucker from our Alice Springs team while soaking in the relaxing outback atmosphere with your friends. Our knowledgeable guides will take you through an entertaining and amazing show of local ecology, culture, and astronomy.
Prepare for Your BBQ Dinner and Show Near Alice Springs
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for your visit to Earth Sanctuary.
- Invite your friends together: Get your friends together to make a group booking for our nature centre. Our Spirit of the Outback dinner and show is only available for group bookings of 15 people or more. You can easily book online and see what event times we have available on our calendar.
- Wear appropriate clothes: Ensure that you dress for the season in the Northern territory as winter nights can be frigid, so make sure you have warm clothing, including a beanie, scarf, and gloves. If you are visiting us in the summer, then dress for comfort as these nights can be very warm. You will also need to wear closed footwear.
- Check the weather: Our astronomy guides have more than 20 years of experience navigating the Central Australia sky and ensure to make the display informative and fun. If there are potential weather issues that will affect your tour, we will continue to update you with reports.
We run a courtesy bus to transfer you from Alice Springs to our outback venue and return you at the end of the night.
Why Should You Visit Earth Sanctuary for Dinner Under the Stars in Alice Springs?
You can immerse yourself in a unique Australian experience with our engaging outback dinner and show that includes:
- A three-course gourmet BBQ meal: Stunning native bush and ranges will surround you as you enjoy a delicious three-course meal starting with a platter of toasted bruschetta, selection of dips, smoked and cured meat, stuffed mini-peppers, and Mediterranean olives. The main course includes a BBQ buffet cooked to perfection, accompanied by seasonal vegetables or salads before finishing your dining experience with a warm sticky date pudding dessert.
- Refreshing lager: You can enjoy our special bush tucker brew aptly named the Red Centre Devil after one of Australia’s amazing reptiles, the Thorny Devil. Infused with Quandong, our native peach, you are sure to enjoy this smooth and refreshing lager. Alternatively, our facilities include a fully licensed bar.
- Entertaining stories and demonstrations: Our hospitable and knowledgeable guides will take you through a wonder of stories about ecology, culture, and astronomy. From the immediate native surroundings to the Aboriginal didgeridoo and stars above, our hosts make the show fun, engaging, and informative.
About Earth Sanctuary
Our nature centre is a leader in eco-tourism and one of the first 100% carbon neutral venues in Australia. We have been established for more than 15 years and are a family-owned and operated business offering quality hospitality, food, drinks, and entertainment. Our award-winning outback venue is located 15 minutes from Alice Springs and showcases ecology, culture, and sustainability in action. You can enjoy our fully sustainable venue with educational tours, astronomy guides, private hire or for a wedding celebration. Contact us today to book your Alice Springs dinner under the stars or browse our online calendar for upcoming events.