Congratulations! What an exciting time for you and your partner. A wedding is a beautiful celebration and our team at Earth Sanctuary will work closely with you to create a personalised wedding day, leaving you and your guests with special memories to last a lifetime. Our aim is to help you create a wedding day that is as unique and individual as you are.
Earth Sanctuary World Nature Centre is located 15 minutes from Alice Springs and is beautifully positioned to showcase your big day. Nestled amongst the red sands of the central desert, the Sanctuary offers breathtaking views of the Eastern MacDonnell Ranges and guarantees visitors a truly unique experience, one which they will find impossible to forget.
The Sanctuary is a fully licensed venue catering for up to 250 guests with dining available in the barn or, at your request, under the magical starry skies of Central Australia. In addition to a unique reception area, our Amphitheatre, framed by Mulga arches against a backdrop of Mt Undoolya, is a popular place to host your ceremony at no extra charge. The Sanctuary really does provide the perfect place for all your wedding day needs.
Earth Sanctuary specialises in tailored events. We offer standard and deluxe packages for weddings so please make an appointment to visit Earth Sanctuary so we can cater for your exclusive day.
Plan the Outback Wedding of Your Dreams
When it comes to planning your unique outback wedding, our venue for hire in Alice Springs has everything you need. From the captivating scenery and red sand desert to the barn style or starry sky dining and professional hospitality team, our location will only add to the romantic and celebratory atmosphere of your special day. You can surround yourself in our stunning Central Australia scenery as you say “I Do” before our hospitality team fulfils your personalised reception requests.
Tips for Planning Outback Weddings
Consider our tips for helping your day to run smoothly.
- Lock in your wedding date early: Before you start planning anything, select your wedding date and then book your venue. You want to ensure that your venue is available for your chosen date, and then you can inform your out-of-town guest early. This first step will give your guest plenty of time to arrange travel and accommodation, and you won’t miss out on your ideal location.
- Dress your bridal party for the season: Once you have the location and venue booked, consider dressing your bridal party in outfits that match the season. Outback wedding venues in the Northern territory have warm nights in summer and are cold in the winter, so you want to be sure everyone is comfortable with the conditions.
- Organise transport: You can make it easier for your guests to get to and from the party hire in Alice Springs with a courtesy bus. Our venue is located a 15-minute drive from Alice Springs, and we can help you source transport for large groups; alternatively, we have a shuttle available for 24 guests.
Common Mistakes People Make with Wedding Venues in Northern Territory
Avoid these common mistakes when planning your wedding.
- Venues with disruptive background noise: When organising your outback wedding, you should also consider what background noises you may potentially hear at the site rather than merely being captivated by the scenery. The last thing you want is for speeches from your officiant or bridal party to be drowned out by heavy machinery working nearby.
- Nowhere private to get ready: Although you are planning your wedding day to be outdoors, ensure that there is somewhere private with all the facilities you need to get ready before the ceremony. We have the Quandong Homestead on site that provides a large private change room and bathroom where your wedding party can prepare on the day.
- No rainy-day plan: You can take the stress away and focus on your big day knowing that you have a rainy day backup plan when you select a venue that can cater to various types of weather. Our barn style shelter and homestead can cater for as many as 250 guests.
What You Can Expect from Earth Sanctuary Regarding Wedding Venues in Alice Springs
We will help you organise a personalised wedding day, including:
- Food to suit your taste: Our talented chefs will cook up a delicious gourmet, buffet-style BBQ dinner that includes succulent scotch fillet steak, baked vegetables, and your choice of salads. Your guests will enjoy an array of appetisers on arrival and finish the evening with a sweet dessert option. Alternatively, we can help you organise external catering. We are also a fully licensed venue.
- Entertainment: Regardless of your musical taste, we can help you organise entertainment for your guests from local musicians. This option includes live solo artists or bands and DJs.
- Cakes: Get the wedding cake that symbolises your relationship, personality, and special day. We can help partner you with the perfect local baker that can create the cake of your dreams.
About Earth Sanctuary
We are located in the beautiful red sand desert 15 minutes from Alice Springs. Our Sanctuary has been established for more than 15 years, and our guides are knowledgeable about the local native surroundings, astronomy, and culture. You can arrange a tailored wedding event with spectacular views, culinary delights, and the help of our professional hospitality team. We offer standard and deluxe wedding packages and can help you plan everything from the photographer, cake, and accommodation to an exclusive astronomy tour for your guests. Contact us today to book your outback wedding venue.